This policy includes information about:
- The categories of information that we collect from you during your relationship with us;
- How we use and share the information that we collect from you;
- Options available to you to instruct us about how your information may be used or shared;
- The procedures we follow to protect the information that we collect about you;
- Other matters required by law or useful to assist you in protecting your privacy; and
- Our affiliated companies.
This policy covers Customer Information, which means personally identifiable information about a consumer or a consumer’s current or former relationship with us. This policy applies to Rent To Own Labs, and our affiliates listed below. This policy is provided to you as required by the Federal Financial Privacy Law [15 U.S.C. 6801 – 6810].
1. Information Collection
We collect and use various types of information to service your accounts, save you time and money, and better respond to your needs. This Customer Information can be categorized in the following ways:
- Application Information: This includes information that you provide to us on applications and through other means. Examples include your name and contact information.
- Transaction and Experience Information: This includes information about your transactions and account experience, as well as information about our communications with you. Examples include your account balances, payment history, parties to transactions, mortgage balances, and our responses.
- Other General Information: This includes information from outside sources, such as data from public records, which is not assembled or used for the purpose of determining your eligibility for a product or service.
As required by the USA PATRIOT Act, we also collect information and take actions necessary to verify your identification.
2. Information Shared
We may share all the Customer Information that we collect, as described above, for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the products and services you requested;
- To offer you additional products and services, from us or from others, that may be of interest to you;
- To comply with reporting and other legal requirements; and/or
- To otherwise conduct business.
Rent To Own Labs, is a holding company for a group of companies which includes other financial services providers. Any company that is owned or controlled by Rent To Own Labs, is an “affiliate” or an “affiliated company” of all of the other companies owned by Rent To Own Labs.
Information Sharing Among Our Affiliated Group: Under the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act, we are permitted to share your Transaction and Experience Information among our affiliated companies. Unless you request otherwise, we also share all of the other information we collect among our affiliated companies. However, you have the right to ensure that other information is not shared with our affiliates by following the “opt out” procedures described below.
Information Sharing with Non-Affiliates as Permitted by Law: We are permitted by law to share all the information we collect with (1) companies that perform marketing services on our behalf and (2) with other institutions with whom we have joint marketing arrangements. For example, we may share information with financial services providers with which we offer products such as mortgage brokers, home inspectors or bankruptcy attorneys. We may also share all the information we collect with other nonaffiliated third parties that assist us with preparing and processing and printing of notification letters. Please be advised that the opt out rights described below will not apply to the sharing of information with these third parties or to the sharing of information with marketing service providers and joint marketers as described above.
Information Sharing with Other Non-affiliated Third Parties: Unless you request otherwise, we may share all the information we collect, as described above, with additional types of non-affiliated third parties, such as financial service providers (e.g., life insurance companies) and non-affiliated businesses that provide offer value-added packages of products and services. However, you have the right to ensure that nonpublic personal information is not shared with these non-affiliated third parties (other than as permitted by law) by following the “opt out” procedures described below. Some state laws may impose additional restrictions on disclosure of information about customers in those states to non-affiliated third parties for certain purposes.
3. Opt Out Options
If you wish to direct us to stop sharing certain nonpublic personal information about you with our affiliated companies and non-affiliated third parties, please call us toll free at our Customer Contact Center at (407) 477-4309 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Eastern Standard time; notify us at www.RentToOwnLabs.com through the “Contact Us” link; or send your instructions to Rent To Own Labs, at 12301 Lake Underhill Dr Suite 111, Orlando, Fl 32828. You may select from among the following options:
Option 1: Directs us not to share nonpublic personal information with nonaffiliated third parties. By selecting this option, you are directing us not to share nonpublic personal information about you with nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by law. These exceptions include companies that perform marketing services on our behalf, other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing arrangements, other non-affiliated service providers (such as those that assist us with monthly letter preparation and processing).
Option 2: Directs us not to share nonpublic personal information with our affiliated companies. By selecting this option, you are directing us not to share nonpublic personal information about you among our affiliated companies except as permitted by law. You will continue to receive mailings and advertisements from those companies within our group with which you do business. Once we receive your opt out request, we will stop sharing this information as soon as reasonably practical. Your election will apply to all accounts you hold individually and to all accounts you hold jointly with other persons. Your election will not apply, however, to any accounts your joint account holders hold individually or jointly with persons other than you. If your joint account holders wish to opt out as to such other accounts, they will need to submit a separate opt out request.
Option 3: Directs us not to share nonpublic personal information with non-affiliated third parties or among our affiliates, except as permitted by law. By selecting this option, you are directing us not to share your nonpublic personal information with either non-affiliated third parties or among its affiliates, unless permitted by law. Please note that, even if you opt out, you may still receive advertising and other marketing materials if those materials can be provided without violating your opt out instructions. We will stop sharing this information as soon as reasonably practical. Again, election out will apply to all accounts you hold individually and to all accounts you hold jointly with other persons. Your election will not apply, however, to any accounts your joint account holders hold individually or jointly with persons other than you. If your joint account holders wish to opt out as to such other accounts, they will need to submit a separate opt out request.
When you contact us, please be prepared to provide the following information for each individual:
- First name, middle initial and last name
- Address, city, state and zip code
- Telephone number (if applicable)
- E-mail address (if applicable)
If any of these pieces of information change, please notify us to ensure that your preferences are consistently honored.
Once you have told us your preferences, we will continue to honor them. You do not need to take any further action.
If you have previously opted out, you will not need to do so again, unless you are establishing a new customer relationship with us. If you are calling to opt out of a newly established relationship, please wait 10 days before calling to give us your opt out preferences. We will not share your nonpublic personal information (except as permitted by law) during this 10-day period.
4. Procedures for Protecting Nonpublic Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the security and integrity of Customer Information through procedures and technology designed for this purpose. For example:
- We limit employee access to customer information to those who have a business reason to know this information. Employees are required to honor our code of conduct, which includes standards to protect customer confidentiality. They are subject to disciplinary action if they fail to do so.
- We maintain policies and procedures covering the proper physical security of workplaces and records.
- Our physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards meet or exceed federal standards regarding the protection of customer information.
- We require independent contractors and outside companies who work with us to adhere to strict privacy standards through their contracts with us.
- We use technological means (such as backup files, virus detection and eradication software, firewalls, and other computer software and hardware) to protect against unauthorized access or alterations to customer data.
5. Other Important Information
Guarding Your Own Information: We recommend that you take the following precautions to guard against the disclosure and unauthorized use of your account and personal information:
- Never provide personal information (including full Social Security numbers or account and credit card information) over the phone unless you have initiated the call and know with whom you are speaking
Direct Marketing: You can choose not to receive marketing offers from us by direct mail, telephone and/or e-mail. This preference applies to offers from us about our products and services, and about other products that we think may be of interest to you. To minimize the amount of telephone solicitation our customers receive.
If you elect not to receive product information by direct mail, telephone or e-mail, you will continue to:
- Be contacted as necessary to service your account
- Be contacted by your relationship manager or assigned account representative, if applicable
Your preferences will be honored among all of our companies. Since some marketing programs may already be in progress, it may take four to six weeks for your preferences to be fully effective.
If you would like to reduce the amount of advertising you receive from companies outside of our group, you can contact the following agencies:
- Direct Marketing Association Mail Preference Service (for Mail Advertising) P.O. Box 282 Carmel, NY 10512
- Telephone Preference Service (for Telephone Advertising) P.O. Box 282 Carmel, NY 10512
You may also reduce the amount of e-mail advertising you receive by removing your name from the list at www.dmaconsumers.org. Be sure to include complete information about each name, address, telephone number and e-mail address you would like excluded. If you have moved within the past year, remember to include your old address and phone number. The same is true for name changes and the addresses and phone numbers associated with each name.
Credit Reporting Industry: If you would like to have your name taken off all pre-approved credit solicitations (not just our solicitations), you may call the credit reporting industry Pre-screening Opt-Out number at 1.888.5OPTOUT (1.888.567.8688).
National Do Not Call Registry: We support the National Do Not Call Registry. To have your phone number added to the National Do Not Call Registry, you may call 1.888.382.1222 or register at www.fcc.gov/cgb/donotcall. While this will stop most calls, you may still receive calls from businesses where you are a customer.
6. Affiliated Companies
This policy applies to consumer customer relationships established in the United States.
This notice constitutes our Do Not Call Policy under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act for all consumers and is pursuant to state law.